Support BRMA through our Sponsor a Scholar program and other tax-deductable contributions.
Sponsor A Scholar
The Sponsor A Scholar program helps students in BRMA believe that college is in their future through the promise of tuition assistance. As they journey to college, access to enrichment activities such as music lessons, summer camp, and academic tutoring to open doors to growth experiences. Your contributions help to make these opportunities possible, giving students the satisfaction of discovering new talents, exploring personal interests, and gaining new skills.
The goal of Sponsor A Scholar is to raise $500 for each of the eight years a child is enrolled in the Blue Ribbon Mentor-Advocate program. Of that amount, half is invested for postsecondary study and the other half for enrichment experiences.
We ask for donations at any level, no matter how modest. Individuals, organizations, communities of faith, and businesses may choose to sponsor more than one scholar by contributing larger amounts.
Why Sponsor A Scholar?
- Children think about college early, beginning while they are in elementary school.
- Scholarships are non-competitive. Children grow up knowing college can be in their future.
- Adult support complements your monetary contributions. Each child has a mentor from the fourth through twelfth grade.
- One hundred percent of your tax-deductible contributions directly benefits students. No contributions are used for administrative costs.
Ways to Donate
- Send a donation directly. Write your check to BRMA-Sponsor A Scholar, and mail it to 750 S. Merritt Mill Rd, Chapel Hill, NC, 27156.
- Donate online through the Chapel Hill-Carrboro Public School Foundation. Please specify that your donation is for Blue Ribbon Mentor-Advocate.
- Fundholders at the Triangle Community Foundation can direct funds to us through your account. Learn more
- To donate stock or make arrangements for other special gifts, contact The Public School Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: Please specify that your donation is for Blue Ribbon Mentor-Advocate.