Blue Ribbon Mentor-Advocate does a lot of work. But is it effective? We are constantly trying to evaluate our impact. Our goals are always to make a significant and sustainable change in the lives of all of our students.
Here are some quick statistics about the program and some of the awards that we’ve won for our service and partnerships:
- 97.5% of BRMA students have graduated from high school.
- Many of our high school graduates have enrolled in post-secondary education.
- 90% of our mentoring relationships last for 2 years or more.
- 60% of our graduates have had the same mentor from fourth grade through high school graduation.
- Over 95% of our students, parents, and mentors rated BRMA as “excellent” or “good” in a 2010 program evaluation.
Awards and Recognition
- 2012 School Improvement Network Excellence in Innovation Award
- 2007 University/Community MLK, Jr. Planning Corporation, Inc. Bridge Builder Award
- 2006 UNC APPLES Community Partner Excellence Award
- 2004 American School Board Journal Magna Award for excellence in school district community partnerships
- 2002 Governor’s Award for Outstanding Volunteer Service
Reports & Evaluations
Below you will find comprehensive annual reports and evaluations of Blue Ribbon’s work, archived by year. A 2012 comprehensive evaluation of BRMA completed by the UNC School of Education is also available.